Welcome to Jodhpur
It’s the second largest city in India with a population of 1,033,918 (according to a 2011 census). This city was settled in 1459 by Rao Jodha of Mandore. This city is home to many palaces, forts and temples. The climate of the city is hot and semi arid.
Where to visit?
- Mehranghar fort: A 410 feet palace built around 1460 by Rao Jodha. It is considered as one of the largest forts built in Rajasthan. Now it is converted into a museum.
- Jaswant thada: it’s a canopath built by maharaja sardar singh in 1899. This was built by maharaja in memory of his father.
- Kailana lake: The man-made lake built in 1872. The water in this lake comes from hati nehar which is connected to the Indra Gandhi canal.
- Ghanta ghar: The clock tower built by maharaja sardar singh started constructing in 1880 and completed in 1911.
- Balsamand lake: it’s a lake located 5km from jodhpur, it was built by Gurjara pratihara rulers in 1159 AD.
- Mandore garden: in this garden you will find many architectural buildings.
- Rao jodha desert rock park: A beautiful green park situated near the Mehranghar fort. This park was built in 2006 but opened for public in 2011.
Where to stay?
- Park plaza jodhpur: it’s an amazing hotel with simple rooms. Free Wi-Fi is provided. There are 2 restaurants and a rooftop bar in the hotel.
- Indiana palace: sleek hotel in a grand palace. Hotel provide pool and upscale dinning facility.
- Lords inn: hotel with clean and tidy rooms. Hotel also provide the facility of Indoor pool and a restaurant.
- Mango hotels jodhpur ratanad: rooms are great. Hotel has 2 restaurant, a bar and a lounge.